Rotary clamping cylinder standard adjustable
Rotary clamping cylinder is a kind of rotary cylinder. In most cases, the rotation range of rotary clamping cylinder is between 0-190°, and the angle of rotary clamping cylinder is between 0-90°. What are the characteristics of rotary clamping cylinder? How to choose a suitable rotary clamping cylinder? Today we will share with you the relevant basic knowledge for your reference.
Rotary clamping cylinder refers to a cylinder whose piston rod can be rotated 90 to the left (or right), and then the work piece is clamped by the clamping arm by the clamping stroke, which is used to clamp small work pieces.
There are standard MK series (bore diameter φ12~63) and heavy-duty MK2 series (bore diameter φ20~63). The heavy-duty type can withstand greater moments of inertia.
Structural principle of rotary clamping cylinder:
When there is one intake port and one exhaust port, the spiral groove on the piston rod is constrained by the guide pin while turning and retracting for one turn.
Stroke, and then complete the linear clamping stroke.
Main technical parameters of rotary clamping cylinder:
The theoretical clamping force is the theoretical force applied to the side of the rod cavity when the pressure is 0.5MPa.
The allowable bending moment is the maximum bending moment that can be applied on the piston rod.
The direction of rotation to the left or right is the direction of rotation when the piston rod is retracted when viewed from the rod side.
Characteristics of rotary clamping cylinder mk:
1. MK rotary clamping cylinder is treated with hard anodized surface oxidation, and some products adopt integrated die-casting of back cover and cylinder body;
2. MK presses down the angle cylinder with double positioning pin holes, and the fixed head is more reliable;
3. The downward pressure angle cylinder is attached with magnet, standard positioning stroke, and multi-hole magnetic switch installation slot;
4. Smart downward pressure corner cylinder carries greater moment of inertia, does not require oil supply, is stable and durable, and is suitable for use in welding environments.
Rotary clamping cylinder selection:
1. According to the request of the allowable bending moment added to the piston rod, the intersection of the clamping arm length and the applied pressure should be at the cylinder diameter
2. Pre-select the cylinder diameter below the curve.
3. Then select the cylinder diameter according to the calculated moment of inertia of the rotating parts such as the clamping arm and the request for the cylinder speed.
4. The larger of the cylinder diameters should be selected according to the above two items, which must be the final selected cylinder diameter.
Matters needing attention in the use of rotary clamping cylinder:
1) Do not use in the following environments: cutting oil and other liquids acting on the piston rod; places with dust, welding sparks, and chips; the ambient temperature exceeds the allowable value; places with corrosive fluids; places with direct sunlight.
2) When assembling and disassembling the clamping arm, fix the clamping arm with a wrench, and then tighten or loosen the screws.
3) When self-made clamping arm, it is necessary to calculate the moment of inertia of rotating parts such as the clamping arm, and request that the allowable bending moment and moment of inertia of the cylinder should be within the application range of Figure 10-96 and Figure 10-97. If the clamping arm is too long and the load mass is too large, it will cause damage to the internal parts of the cylinder.
4) The cylinder must be installed vertically. No external force is allowed in the direction of rotation. It is not allowed to clamp within the range of the swing stroke, only within the range of the clamp stroke. The clamping surface must be perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder, that is, it is not allowed to clamp the inclined surface. During the clamping process, the piston rod of the cylinder is not allowed to bear the rotating moment (such as the clamping workpiece is still in a moving state).